Monday 26 May 2014

Food Envy

Had dinner at the fabulous L's.

Mrs L wore a superior kaftan arrangement. In winter. It's the hormones you know.




She made this superior lamb and chickpea dish, all whilst wearing a silk kaftan. Now that takes skill people.



I contributed this sad mulberry and lemon thing. I did grow the lemons and mulberries so I guess that's something.



Had P's birthday dinner at Rigatonis. 

Everyone's food was fabulous. Except mine. I had undercooked salty pasta; and my second case of food envy for the week.

P looked the business in this leopard print frock. 



Drinks at Benjamin of Franklin. 

Eclectic. 

I love it.



These are bowls and glasses suspended from the dining room ceiling. 

Tenuous and glorious. Won't be trying this at home.



Cold tomorrow. 

Have an important meeting and feeling fat and hormonal, only a black frock and a belt will do.




4 comments:

  1. I hate eating out and watching everyone else get better food than me! Haven't been to Benjamin of Franklins - so many little bars popping up now, it's great! Something I missed about Melbourne when we moved home. Like your choice of dress. Have been feeling a tad fat as well - doesn't bode well with Winter coming. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I suspect I'll be looking for a gastric band come winter time. Depressing. Benjamin of Franklin has been there for awhile. Very quirky, foods ok, courtyard out the back so you could take the kids if you wanted an afternoon beverage. xx

      Delete
  2. I just read your comment on Slapdash Mama post and it made me laugh out loud so I popped over - you are one funny lady and, if I can work out how, I will actually start following your posts (but I'm a bit thick and can't see how so if I don't it's no reflection on you - it's definitely me!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah you just made my heart sing. Thank you. xx

      Delete