Wednesday 5 February 2014

On the Home Front

Does any other front matter?

Went on my Wednesday "therapy walk" with the lovely L. Much cheaper than a psychotherapist.




Now it's a little cooler I let hubby mow the lawn. I'm generous like that. Although people were starting to think it was a meth house. 


There are very few things that gratify a man like a mowed lawn. Simple creatures.



The pool took an hour to clean after the apocalyptic weather of the other night. 


In reassuring news the vine I struck from the demolished part of the original house has survived two heat waves and a wind storm. I'm starting to think it may be of the triffid variety. 


I'm not sure about you, but nothing feels my heart with joy like a heap of mouldy beach towels on the kids' bathroom floor. Pure, unadulterated joy I tell you. 


Into quinoa at the moment. I'm told it's pronounce keen-waa, how very pretentious and Gwyneth of me.



It may be pretentious but it's easy peasy. Put it in a pot 1/3 quinoa 2/3 water, simmer for 10 minutes, drain with cold water and add whatever tickles your fancy. This one has grated carrot, bocconcini, cucumber, tuna, rocket, olive oil and lemon juice.

It might be cooler but it's still hot here. It's got me feeling a vibe for Ms Hick's Caribbean style.



2 comments:

  1. The view for your walk looks very therapeutic indeed. Laughing about the lawn mowing - my husband is the same. I have no idea why, but I once mowed the lawn and he was very put out about it. Said I was denying him the satisfaction of mowing it or something. I made sure not to make the same mistake again. I stick some disinfectant into the wash for the towels (I always have a large bottle of the Canestan laundry rinse on hand, and found it gets rid of mildew smell in washing pretty well). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 8000 beach towels - which I have decided is a bad thing because the sweet little treasures never reuse the same one - ingrates. I will definitely give the canestan a go, never thought of it until now. Thanks.

      Delete